My journey as a musician began at the age of 12, when I decided to study piano. I graduated the music faculty in Brasov, Romania. I spent one year studying in Spain with the help of an Erasmus scholarship. I finished my master degree at the University of Agder from Norway, studying World Music. I started writing my own songs at the age of 20 and six years later I began giving piano and voice original concerts.
It is very important for me to keep writing music as honest as possible, without making compromises in order to get more clicks. I still prefer to develop my talent guided only by inspiration and continuous learning. My life as a musician involves also teaching other people how to sing. Added to being a singer-songwriter, being a teacher fulfils me in unexpected and positive ways.
My next online concert has as its theme “Lullabies Around the World” … I haven’t decided the date yet, so follow me on social media for news. In this concert, I will sing some traditional lullabies from different cultures, as well as some songs / lullabies I wrote.
I studied lullabies for my Master Thesis…and I discovered a large world, full of diversity and truth. Lullabies inspired me in songwriting. They always carry the most honest feelings and are full of love.
Culture shouldn’t be in quarantine!
I am recording my new album… this is a long process because I work mostly alone and I have to admit this is not easy. I am collaborating with some wonderful musicians, and hopefully when I’ll earn more money, I will be able to reward them properly.
2019 - 2020
- I contributed to the Music Without Borders, a World Music Project that involved 35 musicians from 17 countries. Awesome details here!
- I started having concerts in Germany, and continued till this day.
2016 - 2018
- Pure Magic, the best study years of my life: Master Degree in World Music at the University of Agder, Kristiansand, Norway.
- 2013 is when I decided to make my relationship with music “legal”. So I went for a Bachelor Degree in Music Pedagogy, at Transilvania University, Brasov, Romania.
- 2014 academic year, was when I skiped the classes from my hometown and moved with my husband to Costa de Sol, Spain. I studied some more at Conservatorio Superior de Musica de Malaga, with the help of the Erasmus Programme, and it was great!
2013 - 2015
- Lauched my first album “Incolaciti”
- I met Adrian, the man who changed my life and made me his wife. He is a great scrap metal artist and he made all my stage decorations. Since then I give piano and voice concerts. I finally realized I am a singer songwriter!
As a teenager
- I first took piano lessons from the best teacher I could ever have, Prof. Ion Criveanu, a great musician who bonded forever my love for music. In parallel, two years later, I began to attend pop music courses, at the “Children’s Palace”.
- I took part in several vocal groups, with whom I won some national awards. Also, during high school I started singing in “Melos” choir, with whom I stood close for eight beautiful years and side by side we won several international awards.
- My musical education continued at the School of Arts “Tiberiu Brediceanu” and the “Student’s House of Culture” from Brasov, where I followed the vocal technique courses. In time, my experience was enriched by singing covers with various bands on various stages.