The band was born on November 16, 2017, when the first rehearsal took place in Brasov. The idea of forming the band started from Ana (vocals), the next member being Bogdan (bass) then Rat (drums) and finally Carol (guitar). The approached music style is a combination of genres starting from alternative metal, nu-metal and groove metal with metalcore and deathcore influences.
Quantic Pub, Bucharest
19 March 2020
- 2020 begins with a single of the song “Prayers” and a series of concerts throughout the country.
- The year started well, both in the hometown and in other cities, where the band opened a couple of shows for abroad bands. April came with the release of the album on all streaming platforms and on social media, but also with a series of concerts to promote it.
- One month later, Underwaves won the 1st place at the Rock’n’Iasi Open Air festival, being the most voted band by the public. Thus they performed at their first open air festival, on the same stage with Harakiri for the Sky, Electric Moon and Bucovina.
- In the same month, the band arrived in Bucharest, at Encore Metal Festival, where they shared the stage with other international bands such as Theater des Vampires and Fallcie.
- The series of concerts continued, during the summer Underwaves being present at festivals such as Barock Fest or Rock la Mureș Festival, but also at several motorcycle festivals.
- Underwaves live at Rockstadt Extreme Fest 2019 Probably the most important appearance of the year was here. The band performed the same day with Six Feet Under, Korpiklaani, Candlemass, Onslaught and Ghost Iris.
- The summer ended with the participation at Posada Rock Festival, in the final of the competition dedicated to the bands, where the Brasovians played along with Moonspell, Tiamat, Soen, Entombed AD and Diamond Head.
- The last concerts of the year were in different cities, either at indoor festivals or with other Romanian bands.
- In December, the band returned to the studio of Grand Way Studios, this time to record a single of the song “Prayers” that will be released next year.
- It was a year of sacrifice in terms of live shows, the band existing only in the rehearsal room for a good period of time, such that the live appearances were concentrated in the last two months of the year.
- In the summer of 2018, Underwaves forced a hiatus of almost 3 months after which they returned, currently having a series of their own compositions appearing on the debut album “HIATUS”.
- The end of the year took them to the studio where they recorded the material that will be released in April 2019.
Briefly, 2019 meant: