I am Mircea-Gabriel Suciu, a singer songwriter from Brasov, now based in London. My musical project is called Barely Rebel. I started writing music in 2017, although I had been involved in several cover band projects before.
My musical influences include artists such as Nothing But Thieves, Hozier and Tom Odell. My first single, ‘Wrong Side of Heaven’, is what I could describe as a “call to inspiration, a song about the uplifting feeling of finding inspiration in the smallest things in life.”
- Title track for „First Night in the Old World” album launched (April)
- Live @ The Moustache Bar, London (January)
- Second music video – „Boulevards of Promises” (January)
- Launched „Cathedrals of Fear” and „Speed of Light” singles (November)
- First music video – „Wrong Side of Heaven” (October)
- Support act for Jacob Lee @ Expirat, Bucharest (with Alexu and The Voices Inside (September)
- First Barely Rebel single launched – „Through the Night” (September)
- Live @ Spatiul M60, Bucharest, Romania (June)
- Radio Guerrilla Showcase, during “Nesemnatii” radio show, with Bogdan Serban (June)
When I don’t write or play music, I work as a software engineer at Facebook London. I love writing code equally as much :D. My two careers as a “balanced blend of guitar chords and lines of code”.
Because I like to keep myself busy, I also organise events from time to time. I am part of Pure Indie Entertainment, with one of my best friends. So far we put together shows like Jason Mraz, Damien Rice, The Veils, Jacob Lee, and more. I was also the main organiser for one of the editions of fEAST, the Romanian music festival in London, started by another dear friend of mine.
When I don’t do any of these, I will most likely hop on a plane to a destination never explored before, saying hi to people from a new culture.