We are a duo live act formed in 2019. Our music represents a vibrant fusion between deep house and a subtle jazzy approach that George takes on electronic music. We intend to promote a conscious dream state of mind and, at the same time, help you engage into a pleasurable mood.
I’m Yarra, the singer and songwriter of this project. I have always been interested in experimenting with music and in exchanging ideas in the music field. Therefore, I had a few collaborations under my creativity belt: I was part of the EDM band Soundopamine and collaborated with Blanilla on two singles before meeting George and giving shape to what was about to become Mezzin.
George Pandrea is the producer of our project. He started composing songs, using his guitar and keyboard, at the age of 16. He is versatile in his music production as he shapes songs that have a strong electronic-organic texture and he also combines this with melodic hip-hop beats. Besides his solo project, he is involved in three other musical projects: George Pandrea (his solo project), Tertip and Biofilm.
- We’ve started the year 2020 with the mixing and mastering sessions for the songs on “Maps for dreaming”. Our friend, Dinu Ivancu, helped us create the EP while giving it the final sonic polish. He is a composer and a mixing engineer who immediately understood our vision.
- On April the 12th, we released our first EP, “Maps for dreaming”. You can find it on all music streaming platforms. Go check it out! 😉
- When I visited Romania in August, we started working on some songs and we realized early on that we could make a musical project together. That’s how Mezzin came to life. By December, we managed to select the tunes and record the lyrics that we liked the most.
- In December, the photographer Orsolya Balint accepted our proposal of making a promotional photo session with us. We are very grateful to her for making it possible.
- We met back in 2016, when we agreed to put together a small show for an event that was held at a local coffee house, Tipografia. While George was coming from the world of Hip Hop and downtempo beats, I had numerous collaborations in the House genre. We didn’t perceive these details as impediments that would stop us from collaborating, on the contrary, they enriched us and allowed us to experiment with sounds.
- We kept in touch between 2016 and 2019, exchanging various song ideas, but we didn’t put out anything official.
SPORTs, CAT CARING AND READING
When he doesn’t engage with music production, George likes playing soccer. He also enjoys caring for his cat and appreciates the time he can delight himself in reading a good book.
MOVIES, READING AND DANCING
When I’m not thinking of writing new lyrics, I embrace many sources of inspiration while watching old movies, admiring pictures in art albums, reading and taking part in dance workshops.
Mezzin is a band that is willing to develop strong and lasting networks and appreciates innovation.
We are open for various collaborations, be it visual art or music, anything Art related. Don’t hesitate, just contact us!