I am Valentina Tanase and I am based in Sibiu, Romania.
I am a photographer and through my art I love capturing beauty and emotion in various authentic manifestations.
I am especially keen on shooting environmental portrait and street photography.
Photography Exhibition “1000 Emotions” – Valentina Tanase – 17th of October 2020, Brasov.
1000 Emotions… I am feeling and expressing them daily. I understand a few and some I don’t. Some are rooted in the soul. With some I’m just playing, others are playing with me. A few of them don’t have faces just yet.
I am feeling emotions good and bad. Sometimes tears can drown the desert… other times I am laughing with tears huge like the ocean waves that could even put hyenas at bay.
And I feel I could smilingly bury Death itself; so powerful my emotions are.
- After moving to Romania, I am publishing my photos under the brand Vibratio Lucis Photohraphy.
- I became a member of the artists’ group The Language of the Light (“Limbajul Luminii”) from Sibiu.
- I had an exhibition of personal works at Casa Marchesini during the event White Nights at the Galleries, Sibiu.
- My artistic journey started a few years back in the UK.
- I graduated a photography course with Newcastle under Lyme College.
- I had the opportunity to participate at The Market Exhibition, Stoke-on-Trent where one of my works won The Jury Prize.
In my life’s movie, music is one of the main characters and it’s constantly vibrating in my ears. It always spoke to me and lifted me onto unknown orbits. It made me dance through the Universe. I am listening to rock music and I’m ready to roll on every Saturday night. I feel the psychedelic beat makes me feel somehow complete. There is also blues in my soul carrying the weight of every burden. After all probably my life it’s a folk song from the 70’s.
I remember being a child and spinning the world globe and touching with my finger the line of the Equator. I wanted to go everywhere and swim the seven seas. I haven’t circumnavigated the Earth yet, but I returned from many places with new ways of seeing the world and memories of people who taught me Life.